Sweet! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. I’ve seen around on WordPress since starting the zerotohero challenge. Every time I saw it I secretly hoped I would get nominated. I want to thank my blogging friend Tiffany at Mermaid for a Day for nominating me! Her tagline reads “Swimming through anxiety, living life as a single working parent”. Her writing is fun and down to earth, go check her site out!
Here is what the award looks like!
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2.Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Here are the questions that mermaid for a day asked me…
1. What was the name of the last book that you read?
Hmm, on my kindle I read Time Management 2.0: 15 Secrets of a Self-Made Millionaire for getting things Done by H. Reardon.
But since I prefer hardcopies, that’s what I’m going to actually count here as the last book I read. It was called The Historian. It’s a great take on a Dracula story.
2. What song/band are you loving right now?
I like a variety. I’m not stuck on any one group right now, but my most common Pandora stations at the moment are Michael Buble, Mika, and Enya.
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? Why?
Before I got married I would’ve said Europe, I want to tour the entire continent. But at the moment I think it would be Peru to visit my Mother In-Law. We haven’t physically seen each other since my eldest turned one and I really miss her.
4. Make-up or fresh face? If make-up do you feel naked without it?
Fresh face. It’s easiest to do. Plus when I dress up and do wear make-up I can feel extra special.
5. What made you decide to write your very first blog post?
I’d been thinking about starting a blog. Once I did I figured it better have a post. My first post was an Apple Swan. One of my kids favorite snacks.
6. What one thing off of your bucket list do you want to accomplish the most?
Own a coffee shop. I really like The KaffeeKlatch for a name.
7. What was the last thing that made you smile?
Listening to my girls playing. They like to ‘run errands’ which is basically chasing each other throughout the house.
8. If you could have a super power what would it be?
It so happens I’ve thought about this rather often and it’s hard to think of the perfect one. I’ve thought about being in multiple places at once, telekinesis, mind reading, and flying, among others. For practicality purposes I would like to have the power of communication (how can I convince my daughter that she doesn’t need to fear thunder and lightening but it’s ok if she does as long as she doesn’t wake me up about it?).
9. Who is your personal superhero?
Hmmm, growing up it was Peter Pan (Robin Williams in Hook was always a favorite!). But I’ve always looked up to my Dad, and grown to appreciate both my parents more and more as I have my struggles and successes of being a mother. So my parents are my personal superheroes (how in the world did they do 5 kids!?).
10. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
We didn’t do a lot of cartoon watching as kids. In middle school I and my bro watched quite a bit of Spiderman. The current Spidey just isn’t the same.
11. Do you prefer cats or dogs? or both?
Depends. We don’t currently have pets in my house. I know we would have a dog. Dogs can be more fun and interactive. But I sometimes would prefer the autonomy of cats.
11 Random facts about me:
This is the hardest part!
1. Second oldest of 5 kids
2. I’m passable in Spanish, need to practice some more.
3. Played french horn in Middle and High School.
4. I love being out in nature and taking walks with my girls.
5. I love reading books. In high school there were periods where I was checking out a book every day/every other day. Wasn’t that much into historical, mostly enjoyed the Fantasy novels. Read Lord of the Rings during this time. Then there were the Xanth books. These days it tends more towards self improvement.
6. I used to play DnD with my brother and his friends. I miss that a lot and would love to get back into it if I could. My favorite character type is halfling Rogue.
7. Did a stint as a paper delivery girl with my older sis and my brother. I was about 10 years old. Quite a character builder to get up at about 6 am every morning to deliver papers. Even during the winter.
8. I was talking with my mom the other day about putting my oldest in swim lessons. Apparently on my second day of swim lessons I decided I had it all figured out and pushed off to the deep end. The instructor let me struggle it out briefly before bringing me out. I sure paid attention after that.
9. I don’t specifically have a favorite color anymore. In High School it was green, then early college a deep red. Now I’m leaning more towards purple. But I love all the deep rich colors.
10. My two brothers are professional jugglers. I juggle only by association. 🙂
11. I used to participate in Renaissance faires. Did juggling shows with my brothers, playing the pennywhistle for their show. I made a costume for my senior project in High School. I even studied some classic fencing. I get to go to a Renaissance faire for Mother’s Day this year! 😀
Next up are my nominees for the Liebster award. These are blogs I’ve found to be fun or intriguing and believe you should check them out!
Here are my questions for the Nominees:
1. What is the strangest food you ever ate?
2. What did/do you want to be when you grow/grew up?
3. If wishes were fishes, what would you wish for?
4. What is a favorite childhood snack?
5. You are going out for a night on the town. What does your outfit look like?
6. What is one thing on your bucket list?
7. Avengers or X Men? Who would you be?
8. You have a fun evening planned, what are you doing?
9. Breakfast. What are you eating?
10. Today is show and tell. What do you bring?
11. Books or movies? Tell us about a favorite.
I am so pleased to have been nominated for this award. Thank you all for supporting my blog!
Have a fantabulous day!